ONGOING MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES
Sunday School: A time of fellowship, worship, and the study of God's Word. We believe the Holy Spirit changes people through the Word of God, so the Scriptures are at the forefront of all our teaching. Students are placed in classes based upon the grade they are in. Here is what each class is studying this Fall.
- 9th-10th Grade: Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians led by Moose and Carrie Pierce, Vance Pickard and Steve Mullen: These three Pauline epistles are rich with theology and practical wisdom for living out the Christian faith. Students will spend time in each of these three letters to help them grow in faith and walk closer with our Lord.
- 11th-12th Grade: Order of Salvation led by Shane and Laura Whelan: At times salvation can seem random, why do some people believe and others don’t? This class will examine the order of salvation and who does what in salvation. By studying the order of salvation, students will see that salvation is part of our sovereign God’s plan, and is a reflection of His goodness and grace towards His people.
Sunday Night Live: SNL takes place during the school year and is a relational time of snacks, fun, and games. We believe the Holy Spirit changes people through the Word and relationships, so please come and enjoy spending time with each other. Please contact Shane Whelan for the schedule or you can view the church calendar.
Rivermont Fellowship Night: Alive: Gospel Sexuality for Students This study will give students a biblical, gospel-centered framework to understand sexual issues. In a changing culture where feelings about our identity inform our sexual choices, this study will apply biblical truth in a compassionate way to sexual struggles, and students will be shepherded to understand their sexuality in the light of who Jesus is and to approach these issues with truth, faith, and compassion. RFN will meet each Wednesday between September 12 and November 14. Dinner begins at 5:45pm and Bible study begins at 6:30pm.
636: A time for high school students to connect during the school year every other week from 6:36-7:16am. The boys meet at Biscuitville, girls meet at Panera, and combined meetings are at Bojangles. See the church calendar for exact dates.
- Progressive Dinner: Saturday, September 22
- Barn Bash: Saturday, October 13
- Rake and Run: Saturday, November 17
- Christmas Party: Sunday, December 16
- No Walls Picnic: Join us the 2nd Saturday of every month at the Hunton-Randolph Center on 12th Street from 12:00-2:00pm
- Tutoring: You can tutor students at the Youth For Truth Center on Tuesdays from 4:30-6:00pm during the school year. If you would like to serve in this area please contact Shane
- Modgnik: April 12-14 (Rockbridge YL Camp)
- RYM Summer Conference: Summer 2019
- Serve the 'Burg: Summer 2019
For more information about any our opportunities or events please contact Shane Whelan.