You too can be In Rivermont For Rivermont! Here are some ways to join our Ministry of Presence in Riverside Park and the Neighborhood
If you see something you would enjoy, please contact the coordinator to get connected.
- Bedford Hills Elementary Volunteer Team - A group of Rivermont members is exploring how we can serve our neighborhood students through volunteering at Bedford Hills. The school building is not in the neighborhood, but the students are! No pressure, no commitment. Just come and consider. Contact Cathy Straw for more information. Stawcl2@aol.com
- Moms in the Park – All women are invited to fellowship with REPC moms, their kiddos and our Rivermont neighbors at Riverside Park! Casual meet-ups are always happening on Tuesday and Saturday mornings from 9-11, but please use the Signup Genius to add other times that work well for you. Signup for a date and time and see who joins you! Click here for additional information. Text Autumn Wade at 276-768-6041
- Story Time - With a partner, pick a day and time that works for your schedule and offer a simple story time in the park. Books are available for you to use. Contact Marilyn Kirshberger at 434.907.7839 for more information. We are also accepting book donations. Click here for more details.
- Beginner Pickleball – We currently gather on Saturdays at 8am in Riverside Park to play and offer beginner instruction to anyone who joins us. Equipment is also available for use at other times in Riverside Park, so let us know what works for you. Text Grace Eaton 207.409.4083 or Terry Beckloff at 434.329.1844 for more information.
- Pick Up Basketball– Saturdays generally 9:00am. Text Caleb Wade at 484.602.7337 for more information.
- Art Meet-Ups with Neighbors– Dates and times are being added often. Text Tessa Sydnor at 434.258.6013
- Rivermont Walkers -Want to get some exercise? Want to connect with a friend or make a new one? Want to be In Rivermont For Rivermont? This is your chance to do all three! Bring your child in a stroller, your dog on a leash, or just yourself and a pair of walking shoes. Click here to sign up. Text Sacha Layman 434.420.4113 for questions.
- Random Acts of Kindness– With a friend or family member, pick up a kit at the church and go to the park whenever works for you. You might bring bubbles to blow, squirt guns to share, or beach balls to bat around. Text Lissa Hull at 217.491.0590 to get a kit.
- Bible Study at the Park– Wednesdays at 10am in the picnic shelter. Text Jennifer Eaton 207.310.4007