Coronavirus Update #23 (11/30/21)
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” (Romans 15:13).
Dear Rivermont Family and Friends,
With praise in our hearts, we have entered the Advent Season looking to Jesus Christ for hope and peace, knowing that Jesus is the One who has made peace with God on our behalf. Resting in his work can give us peace in this chaotic world. He calms our hearts as we await his second coming.
As the pastors and staff monitor the daily Covid-19 cases count and positivity rates for Lynchburg and Campbell County, we make prayerful decisions week-by-week for worship and discipleship. We are thankful for the low rates that our area has experienced we have since mid-October.
Communion at 8:30am and 11:00am
For this coming Sunday, December 5, we plan to return to our historic communion distribution with the trays of the bread and the cup being brought to each pew.
- We’ll have the prefilled communion cups with soft wafers on the pew rack if you would prefer to use them.
- For communion in the John Knox Room for both services, we’ll use the prefilled communion cups with soft wafers.
Worship Options Continue
The pastors’ passion is to encourage you to remain engaged in worship whether on campus or at home. We continue with our three service options, coded Red, Yellow, and Green. We remain grateful that you continue to consider what option is best for you and your family.
Red Service – Online Worship Service available on-demand at 8:30 a.m. or by Livestream after 9:00 a.m.
- For those who desire to stay home for any reason
- For those who have compromised health
- For those who are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19
- For those who are quarantined
Yellow Service – 8:30 a.m. Worship in the Sanctuary
- First service of the day to provide the lowest possibility of contamination
- Face coverings required for school-age children and above
- For those who are at higher risk or who desire an abundance of caution
Green Service – 11:00 a.m. Worship in the Sanctuary
- Face covering optional
- For those who are at lower risk
Additional Worship Responses
- During the 8:30 a.m. worship service, masks are not required in the John Knox Room.
- During the 11:00 a.m. worship service, masks are required in the John Knox Room.
- For both worship services, offering plates remain available in the Narthex.
We look forward to our time together with praise in our hearts. May the Lord continue to bless and keep us!
Pastor Ron, together with Pastors David, Brett, Mike, and Shane