August 22, 2021 - Preparing for the Lord's Day
Preparing for the Lord's Day
With humble and steadfast faith, praise God that we have abiding anchors in Christ, His word, prayer, and His love. His love spills over into our lives and into our love for one another, our community, and the world around us. As we continue to face the strains of the Delta Variant of Covid-19, the sadness of the collapse of Afghanistan, the impact of wildfires out west, and the consequences of another earthquake in Haiti, we know to love and to pray. We do so amidst the joys and strains of living together to the glory of God.
This Sunday, we’ll continue our summer series on Discipleship as we turn to John 15:7-11 and explore “Abiding Anchors for Discipleship (and our Souls).” These verses are filled with hope and foundation for life! As we focus on abiding in Christ Who gives us life and breath and all things, we’ll look forward to singing “We Come, O Christ, To You,” “Before the Throne of God Above,” and “Jesus, I Am Resting, Resting.”
In preparation for worship, please pray through John 15 and Colossians 1:15-20. Please take four minutes to watch a call to prayer from members of our national EPC leadership by clicking here. Yes, you may need to skip one ad. Beyond worship on Sunday morning, please join the Rivermont family for an hour of prayer on Sunday afternoon at 4:00 pm in the Rivermont Chapel. As we do each week, we’ll continue to pray for our covenant family, our community, and our world. May we share in the appropriate weight of laboring in prayer for friends, our nation, and the world beyond.
Also, please note the following worship updates for this Sunday—
- Enjoy worship as we gather in the sanctuary at 8:30 and 11:00 am. We encourage anyone who feels more comfortable wearing masks in worship to do so. Masks will be available in the Narthex, Cheatham Center, and Locke Commons if you’d like to have a face coving during worship.
- Join us as necessary with Livestream worship at 8:30 am and Livestream on-demand shortly after 9:00 am through our Rivermont website and YouTube channel.
- This Sunday morning, we resume the outdoor video feed from the sanctuary at 11:00 AM by the back Porte-cochère. Chairs are provided.
- Face coverings are required for worship by Livestream in the John Knox Room.
- Please remain off-campus and worship with us online if you or a family member experiences Covid-like symptoms (review by clicking here).
May God bless us as we move forward, abiding in Christ, in our worship, discipleship, and mission.
More in Preparing For The Lord's Day
October 21, 2021October 24th, 2021 - Preparing for the Lord's Day
October 15, 2021October 17th, 2021 - Preparing for the Lord's Day
October 1, 2021September 12th, 2021 - Preparing for the Lord's Day